About Me

My photo
I am a mother, a teacher, and a nature lover. I grew up on a mountain we called Owls' Knob in the Ozarks of Arkansas. The first seven years of my life were spent living in a log cabin, far from a store or streetlight, without electricity or running water and after twenty years of travel, I returned to the abondoned homestead. Now I live on a hill by a small lake and work at a public garden. These are stories about nature written from a women deeply influenced by place.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Advertising

     I write this blog because I enjoy writing and sharing my ideas with the world. A writer was asked once, "Why do you write?" and he responded, "For the same reason you breathe."
You may have noticed that I have put ads on my blog page. I took the ads off my blog page long ago because I was not (and I am still not) writing to make money and I thought the ads look tacky. So why post ads now? Well I figure I have earned the right at this point to try to make a few bucks on the endless hours of time and energy and ideas I have poured into the blog. I have published over 100 posts. I estimate most of them took me between one to two hours to think about, write, and edit. (And that does not count all the post I wrote and then trashed for one reason of another.) So, I think I deserve to be a little tacky and have ads on my blog now.
     Just in case you don't know, it works like this: I get paid per click. If you are on my blog and (even accidentally) click on an ad (even if you never think about buying anything) I get paid. If I have a lot of traffic through the site, I get paid more per click. Therefore, if you enjoy reading Owls' Knob, please click on an ad from time to time when you are done reading and essentially toss some money in my 'tin cup." I don't plan on actually making any serious money doing this; however, if I begin to make enough to compensate my time even a little bit, I will feel like I can devote more time to the blog. More time means more post of better quality. In the end, I really think we could all win!

No comments:

Post a Comment