About Me

My photo
I am a mother, a teacher, and a nature lover. I grew up on a mountain we called Owls' Knob in the Ozarks of Arkansas. The first seven years of my life were spent living in a log cabin, far from a store or streetlight, without electricity or running water and after twenty years of travel, I returned to the abondoned homestead. Now I live on a hill by a small lake and work at a public garden. These are stories about nature written from a women deeply influenced by place.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's in disguise

I want to share this little poem with you today during this winter weather, poem I wrote almost 20 years ago. This was written by a 10 year old Roslyn...


_It's in disguise

 

Falling like miniature crystals from the sky,

From way, way far up high,

A comforter over the ground,

Still without a sound.

Snow


Glistening in the sun,

Meaning tons of fun,

Like slipping and sliding,

Or make things when it's only gliding.

Snow
 

It is so freezing cold

To go in it without a coat you must be bold.

Even though it is white

It makes you red with frostbite.

Snow


But it has a secret deep down inside,

A secret it doesn’t really hide,

Deep down inside

It is water in disguise.

Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment